Courses & Tuition:

RYA International Certificate of Competence (ICC)

RYA Certificates in Europe

Unlike in the UK, if you are planning to spend your holiday cruising in Europe, you are likely to need a certificate. The most common requirements is the International Certificate of Competence (ICC). You can obtain this by proving your competence to skipper a boat, either by holding an RYA practical certificate (Day Skipper or above), or by passing an ICC assessment.

The ICC assessment checks your boat handling skills and knowledge of the IPRCS (collision regulations), safety, pilotage and navigation. We offer training leading up to this assessment, tailored to your own needs.

If you want your ICC to be valid for use on European inland waterways you will also need to take the CEVNI test to check your knowledge of the inland waterways' regulations.

£80 per person for half day test plus examination fee (examination free to RYA members)
£180 per person for two days tuition including test plus examination fee (examination free to RYA members)

Please note: We require a minimum of 2 people.